Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Social Media and Me




To continue the theme on from my last post, I’m going to talk a little more about my experiences with social media and how I use it. I stated before that I didn’t have my own personal social media accounts until I was 12 or 13, but I still had access to my parents accounts. They would allow me to learn the platforms before I had an account, they also taught me about cyber safety during this time. It is essential to know “that everything we post online is permanent.” Once posted it can’t be taken back, that is why you need to assess what you are posting before you post it. My parents drilled this into my head before I got my accounts, but once I got the ok I immediately started making accounts for different social media platforms: Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, etc. Even though I got the ok to start making my cyber footprint I never clung to social media. I tried out a variety of different platforms but I never felt the need to post anything on them, I mainly used my accounts to comment on my friends posts. If you find my accounts on Twitter and what, there isn’t much there, just some old posts from before college. I mainly use Snapchat to send pictures and chat with my friends, but other than that I’m not really present on social media. When I  was more active I  still made sure that what I did post, I wouldn’t regret later. I’ve never felt the need to cling to social media like the stereotype of my generation. I might post every now and again when something major happens in my life, but other than that I don’t really see the point. I don’t need everyone in the world knowing what I’m doing every minute of the day, I’d rather just live my life in the moment then live online.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dependence on Technology

The post I’m writing about today is interesting, in that, had it not have been for the global pandemic it could've been writt...